Parents who are raising bilingual kids need all the help we can get! Here are 10 best websites for raising bilingual kids that offer resources, tips, tricks, activities, book reviews, portables, inspiration and so much more! Make sure to check these out and bookmark them! (note: This post is part of the #MKBGlobalPick series, part of Multicultural Kid Blogs!)
- Multilingual Parenting: Great blog by Rita Rosenback, author of “Bringing Up a Bilingual Child” … Learn more about the seven Cs of multilingual parenting: “Navigating the seven Cs of multilingual parenting: Communication, Confidence, Commitment, Consistency, Creativity, Culture and Celebration” One of her great posts? 5 Habits for Raising Bilingual Children.
- Mundo Lanugo: Mundo Lanugo has adorable characters and offers many free resources on their site: free games, printables, e-books and even videos. Check out all their activities’ page for stickers, printables, word searches and more!
- Bilingual Monkeys: Adam, the brains behind Bilingual Monkeys, is raising bilingual kids in Japan. His site offers tips, insights and more! Check out this post: 96 Things You Can Do Today to Boost your Child’s Bilingual Ability
- Mommy Maestra: Mommy Maestra is a Latina Homeschooling mom and education expert. You can find tips, resources, and she often reviews different bilingual products on her site. She offers some free printables and also has a TpT store you should check out. Here are some free winter printables!
- InCulture Parent: InCulture Parent is not only about raising bilingual kids, it’s about so much more: Culture, tradition and language, raising bilingual/multilingual and multicultural kids. Its motto is, “For Parents Raising Little Global Citizens.” Readng InCulture Parent always leaves me inspired! Here is one of the great post to check out: 6 Out-of-the-Box Ideas to Raise a Bilingual Child on a Budget
- Spanish Playground: Spanish Playground has a plethora of games, vocabulary sheets, online activities, ideas, and so much more. One of my favorite posts? This Winter Vocabulary list! Perfect for right now!
- Discovering the World Through My Son’s Eyes: Frances, the blogger behind DTWTMSE, is a homeschooling rockstar mom who inspires me with her creative ways to make Spanish language learning fun! Her site offers printables, homeschooling resources, crafts, recipes and more! One of my favorite posts? Spanish Home Lesson: Abecedario
- Open Wide The World: This site offers tons of different language freebies! (Remember my countdown to the World Cup on Instagram? That was OWTW!) Right now there’s a great Martin Luther King Jr Day free multilingual coloring pages!
- Multicultural Kid Blogs: This group (which I am a proud member of) brings together bloggers from all over the world who have one mission: to raise multicultural children into world citizens who appreciate the diversity of cultures. MKB puts together blogging carnivals, special series on different holidays (such as MLK Jr Day or Chinese New Year), Twitter Parties, products reviews and so much more! Check out the member blog directory where you can find so many talented bloggers from all over the globe! MKB is also on Instagram, check out MKB posts by using the hashtags #MKBKids or #Multiculturalkids Check out this post on Great Gifts for Spanish Learners.
- SpanglishBaby: No list of mine would be complete without SpanglishBaby! It was the first site I discovered when I was pregnant and worried about how I was going to raise a bilingual kid. SpanglishBaby is not “active” right now BUT it still has a wealth of information to offer: activities, first accounts of parents raising bilingual kids, book and toy reviews and more! Here are some great bilingual Valentine’s Day cards!
What are your go-to websites for raising bilingual kids? Leave a comment and share with us!