How to Make Rainbow Crayons in 5 Easy Steps
It’s April and April is all about reusing, reducing and recycling. If you’ve got broken crayons lying around, here is how to give them a second life: make rainbow crayons in five easy steps.
What you need:
- muffin tin (preferably silicone)
HOW TO MAKE RAINBOW CRAYONS IN 5 EASY STEPS:
- preheat the oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit.
- Sort the crayons. I only used the broken crayons, but actually breaking old crayons might be a fun activity for toddlers. Make sure there is no paper on the crayons.
- Put the crayons in the muffin tins. I made the mistake (as you will see in the pictures) of using my regular cooking muffin tins. Unfortunately, it was a bit hard to remove them when the rainbow crayons were dry. The best muffin tins are silicon tins, the crayons will slide right out!
- Put the crayons to bake at 250 degrees for 20 minutes. When you remove them, they will be liquid. That’s normal. You have to allow them to dry.
- Let them dry! Once they are dry, they are set! Remove from the tin and VOILA!
Got toilet paper rolls? Check out this fun activity: