Has your little one started recognizing numbers in Spanish? Or, are you looking for resources to help your kids practice their numbers in Spanish?
I’ve created these adorable worksheets for your kids to practice numbers in Spanish! These worksheets will help them practice their numbers from one to ten, and practice new vocabulary as well.
Here are some tips to use these pages:
- Ask your children what animals/insects they can identify. Then teach them the new animals they don’t know.
- Ask them to describe the animals. (¿Qué color es el buho? ¿Cuántos ojos tiene? etc.)
- Ask them to describe if they thing the animals are happy or sad. (¿Están sonriendo los animalitos?)
- Ask them to sound out the names of the numbers or ask them what letter do the words begin with.
- Ask them which numbers start with a vowel. It’s a great opportunity to teach vowels in Spanish if they don’t know these yet.
- Talk about the characteristics of the animals. For example, bees make honey. Do you like honey. What color is honey? Is honey sweet or sour? You can even do a taste test! (¿Sabías que las abejas hacen miel? ¿Te gusta la miel? ¿Qué color es la miel? ¿La miel es dulce or agria?)
- Incorporate books or songs: For example, you can read La Oruga Muy Hambrienta (The Very Hungry Caterpillar) and talk about how a caterpillar turns into a butterfly. Or, you can sing “The Itsy Bitsy Spider” en español, La Araña Pequeñita (lyrics here)