For my son’s third birthday, he had a Mickey Mouse birthday party. I wanted it to be a fun, festive affair on a budget. I found some great ways to save money and I wanted to share them with you.
1. Banner: I made this banner at home!
What I used:
- black construction paper
- Mickey Mouse template
- hole puncher
2. Cupcake toppers and Cake
I found these awesome “Feliz Cumple” Mickey Mouse cupcake toppers online. I was thrilled that I was able to incorporate some Spanish language into the party! I used a special crafts scissors to cut around, then I inserted used simple toothpicks to insert them into the cupcakes! We also added some Mini chocolates on top of the cupcake tower. We used these free Mickey and Minnie printables for the labels.
For the cake we purchased a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Figurine Set and put on top of cake instead of getting a cake centerpiece… that way, Enzo could keep them after the party!
3. Mickey Mouse sandwiches: I purchased this Mickey Mouse Icon Sandwich Cutter when I was at Disney, but you can buy it on Amazon! I made different types of sandwiches:
- cream cheese
4. Decorations: I brought in Enzo’s Mickey Mouse toys as decorations and added balloons. (easy!)
5. Piñata: What says fun and fiesta more than a piñata?! I bought this Mickey’s Clubhouse Pull String Piñata on Amazon for less than $20! Isn’t it adorable? The kids LOVED it!
6. Photo frame props and other fun: I have to thank Stephanie from Football Food and Motherhood because she graciously shared this awesome Mickey Mouse frame from her DisneySide party! (How awesome is that?) You should definitely check out DisneySide post because it has more great ideas for a Mickey Mouse themed birthday party. I hired a balloon maker who delighted the kids with some balloon creations.
Do you have tips on making Mickey Mouse themed parties fun and affordable? Share your tips and/or links with us below!
Looking for more ideas? How about ideas for a Fun and Easy Elmo Party?
PIN FOR LATER!