The Caribbean: 5 Reasons You Must Visit Paradise
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, however, all expressions of excitement over the Caribbean are my own– because once you’ve been there once, you just can’t get enough, and it really is Paradise.
The Caribbean makes me dream. It is the place I wish I could escape to every few months, especially in the winter. On my bucket list? Visit every country in the Caribbean. I’ve been to the Dominican Republic and I’ve heard great things about the other countries in the Caribbean.
The Caribbean is very diverse; which is one of the things that makes it so appealing to me. Its people are a mix of Indigenous, African and European heritage. Its history is one of colonization and liberation. Its cities and cultures reflect that mix; cities with colonial architecture yet colorful and vibrant.
The Caribbean is the ideal vacation spot if you live in NYC. It is even close enough to go for a weekend!
You don’t even need a passport to go to some places in the Caribbean—like the US Virgin Islands!
Here are 5 reasons the Caribbean should be on everyone’s bucket list:
- The Food: I’m a foodie. I love food. I like trying new food. The Caribbean countries are filled with culinary delights. Fresh fish, fresh fruit, delicious cocktails.
- The Music: The Caribbean is filled with rhythm and amazing dancing… reggae, soca, dembow, calypso, merengue… beautiful rhythms with beautiful folkloric dancing.
- Relaxation: The crystal clear waters, the spas, the blue skies… it’s just perfect relaxation atmosphere.
- Adventure: There is something for every kind of adventurer in the Caribbean! Snorkeling, scuba diving, parasailing, jet skiing and more!
- The people: The people of the Caribbean are some of the happiest and nicest people in the world. I mean, I understand why—being surrounded by that kind of beauty… but it is more than that. They are people that are strong and kind, and always have a smile on their face.
If you haven’t been to the Caribbean, Caribbean Week is the perfect time to discover what it’s all about! From June 1st to June 7th Caribbean Week showcases everything the Caribbean has to offer. It’s a great opportunity to learn more about the food, colors, sights and culture of the Caribbean.
There will be artists, performers, celebrity chefs, fashion designers and opportunities to book Caribbean vacations at great prices.
Out of all the events that week, I’m super excited about the Rum and Rhythm Benefit & Auction on June 5th. It’s an opportunity to eat drink and dance all while supporting students who want to study hospitality and tourism. So mark your calendars and book a babysitter because this event is the perfect date night! Or, tell dad that he’s babysitting and grab your girlfriends and go, because we can all use a GNO. Rum and Rhythm will be held at Tribeca 360. This event is surely going to be lots of fun—I mean who doesn’t want to dance to the rhythms of the Caribbean, eat and drink some delicious food. Click this page info and go to Eventbrite to register.
Let’s chat! Have you been to the Caribbean? Where? What places do you recommend I visit? Leave your comments and suggestions below!