5 Reasons Why Staying at a Disney Resort ROCKS!
As a busy working mom, I cherish the moments I can spend with my son, and I look forward to vacations with him. I want things to be as easy as possible. I especially enjoy going places that are family-friendly. As vacations for kids go, Disney is probably every kid’s dream, and quite honestly, even for adults, it is magical. Staying at a Disney resort maximizes the magical experience.
Here are 5 reasons why you should consider staying at a Disney Resort:
- Ease of transportation: Usually when you go to Florida, you have to rent a car. If you stay at a Disney resort you don’t have to worry about that… you have access to the Disney Magical Express that takes you from/to the airport (included in your hotel price!) When you need to go to the parks (or to Downtown Disney) you have access to buses/monorail that get you there. This eliminates the need for a rental car.
- Room service and room amenities: I was pleasantly surprised to find out that room service was quite affordable (and cute, of course, Mickey Mouse pancakes, how could you not try them?!) and in case you want to bring your own milk and grab some food in their shop, rooms at the Coronado (where we stayed) are equipped with a nice-sized fridge. When we went I packed small organic milk packs and cereal for morning breakfast, which saved us money for breakfast and we didn’t have to rush out of the room (of course, we did splurge on the Mickey Mouse pancakes!) Our room was also equipped with a coffee maker so it was nice to be able to have a nice cup of coffee while we got ready for the day. Of course, check with the specific resort for specific details on room amenities.
- They make everything easy for you: When we went, we took advantage of every last minute, and we were able to do that because Disney took care of our luggage and checked it all the way to NYC! In the morning, we checked out, and then we handed our luggage and flight information to the Baggage Services. I didn’t have to worry about our bags until I arrived at my home airport! When you are traveling with kids, it is little details like these that can really make a difference. I didn’t have to worry about lugging my bags to the airport, carrying them to check them…all I had to do was go to the gate.
- There is so much to do in the resorts: You don’t have to go to one of the parks every single day, or all day. Quite honestly, I don’t think a small child can do a park for the whole day. Disney resorts have beautiful pools, parks, campgrounds and planned activities like movies. You can also take a bus to Downtown Disney and go dancing, have dinner or go shopping. There are activities for kids too.
- The best customer service. You are guaranteed a “magical” stay, and they really go out of their way to make sure you are indeed having one.
Many people think that Disney hotels are too expensive, but I don’t think that this is true! There are different price points, starting at under $100! For example, the All-Star Movies Resort is currently $92. You can also camp at the Campsites at Fort Wilderness Resort, where accommodations start at $69 a night! (*Note: prices reflect those at time of publishing this post).
The only problem with staying at a Disney resort? That once you do, you will not want to stay anywhere else!
Save this for later! Pin it!
Have you stayed at a Disney resort? Which one? Share below!