Being a busy parent leaves little time for date night… but getting away and spending some quality time with your honey is much needed to connect as a couple. Read my tips on how to make date night affordable and fun here.
Here are 20 great date night (or day!) ideas:
1. Take a cooking class together.
2. Go hiking. I’m not much of a hiker… but I do remember visiting Bear Mountain in the fall one year and it was lovely. There are many other hiking trails around NYC.
3. Share an evening of laughs at a comedy show.
4. Watch a foreign movie. Why foreign? Because foreign accents are so romantic.
5. Try a mixology class. Make up your own drinks!
6. Go rock climbing. Check out this great list of local places where you can rock climb.
7. Make some pottery.
8. Visit the Cloisters. All the way up in northern Manhattan, the Cloisters is a great place for a date, the antique architecture is incredibly romantic and the view is phenomenal.
9. Learn how to make pizza! Who doesn’t love pizza? Check out the pizza school! Pizza a Casa!
10. Visit the Museum of Sex. Yes this is an actual museum. With real museum like artifacts and exhibitions about sex.
11. How about some salsa or tango lessons? Because I can’t think of anything more fun than dancing!
13. Rent bikes and ride. Try a CitiBike, or you can also rent bikes in Central Park.
14. A picnic in the park. All you need is a blanket and some goodies… Central Park is the perfect place, but there are also other options: Astoria Park, Gantry State Plaza Park and Brooklyn Bridge Park (beautiful views of the Manhattan).
15. Central park doesn’t get old… the options are endless… my personal favorite? Bethesda Fountain and the row boats.
16. Try a cuisine you’ve never tried. Be adventurous! In NYC, the possibilities are endless… Afghan, Nigerian, Belgian, Brazilian, Korean…
17. Spend an evening at Coney Island.
18. Volunteer your time to your favorite cause. Spend some time doing good… helping others make you feel good, and it also makes you appreciate all the things you have!
19. Get a couples’ massage.
20. Get your yoga on. Get your ohm on, why not?