Meet Enzo’s bilingual friend, Smart-E Bear!
Disclosure: This is not a paid post. I was given a Smart-E Bear so I could review it and write this post. All opinions are my own. (and Enzo’s!)
I was delighted to review Smart-E Bear… I mean… A cute bear that is bilingual? What’s not to love?
Smart- E Bear engaged Enzo from the beginning. It is so interesting to see him interact with the bear. The first night, before going to bed, out of the blue, Enzo said “Mama, el oso dice “hola soy Smart-E bear” (Hello, I’m Smart-E Bear). I guess he made an impression! Smart-E Bear also accompanies Enzo at dinner time, Enzo carries him around all over the house!
Here are a few more things I love about Smart-E Bear:
1. It’s programmable. Just hook it up to your computer via USB and you can download commands and music in English and Spanish, and some content in French and Mandarin as well. (We’ve only tried Smart-E bear in Spanish so far.) It can also be programmed to say your child’s name!
2. It comes with popular songs in English and their Spanish counterparts, like the Hokey Pokey and If You’re happy and You know It (in Spanish called “Si estas contento”) among many others!
3. It is soft and cuddly … Unlike some other toys that are programmable, smart-e bear’s stomach is soft like a stuffed animal, you won’t feel a heavy bulky item in the middle. So, it can be introduced at an early age!
4. Smart-E Bear helps practice counting and gives prompts like “Toca mi mano para escuchar la canción.” (Touch my hand to listen to the song.) Now that Enzo is older, he can follow the Bear’s commands! This helps build his vocabulary and listening skills.
5. Songs can be changed as the child grows, you will always be able to update Smart-E Bear, so Smart-E Bear will never get old!!
Smart-E Bear, created by IntelliToys, is one cool bear. I mean, he has a mohawk… and he’s an award winning bear too! If you are raising bilingual kids, (or trilingual like me!) or if you just want to expose your child to another language, check out Smart-E Bear!